Re-Emergence of Racial Healing
through the Re-Connection of Mindful Allyship
A Contemplative Workshop with Tovi Scruggs-Hussein, Sally Albright Green, & Grace Helms Kotre
Online, Sunday, November 7th, 2021
11am – 2pm EST (UTC -5) (8am – 11am PST)
Registration closes an hour before the event.
Self-selected rates: Standard $75 / Student $50 / Sustainer $100
The Racial Healing Allies’ approach centers resilience and collective allyship toward more equitable classrooms–starting with ourselves first. In this 3-hour workshop, we will engage in individual and collective healing practices to help us embody equity. We will explore common barriers to institutional equity and learn how personal healing can create systemic shifts. In this time of mass trauma, reconnection to ourselves and each other is essential. Join us to be a part of the movement toward trauma-informed, holistic, and empowering equity work to transform our institutions and beyond!
This workshop will be an introduction to the Racial Healing Allies™ framework envisioned by Tovi Scruggs-Hussein, award-winning educator with over 25 years of experience. It will be co-led by Racial Healing Allies Leaders Sally Albright-Green, M.Ed, and Grace Helms Kotre, MSW. It is appropriate for educators and other professionals, community members, activists, and others interested in transformative education for equity.
- Explore the fundamentals of a contemplative approach to educational equity work;
- Be inspired to deepen your personal practice for racial equity;
- Discover specific practices for personal and collective racial healing;
- Connect with a community of contemplative practitioners working toward racial equity;
- Commit to transformative actions within your institution.